This was my last day of work before the Christmas Holiday break (I can say Christmas because I work at CUA). Originally, I thought that I might get to relax while in Florida visiting my boyfriend's family. Well, last week, I spent over an hour on the phone with a member of the ARSC website team, and finally got my version of Dreamweaver syncing with the site, so now, I'll be coding over Christmas. I also plan to work on the SAA Recorded Sound Roundtable site, or at least finish our long resource list, and maybe add some context or annotations. The goal: get enough done over the one-and-a-half week break that I can come back to work and focus on work, not worrying about coding that has to be done once I get home.
Projects for 2011 include:
- Two mixed media exhibits installed at the beginning and end of January, and a third in March,
- School of Music metadata and digitization,
- Photo finding aids,
- Digitization Practices Committee work,
- Adopt a Film project for deteriorating films,
- Learning Omeka, and maybe start to implement it on an existing digital collection,
- Chairing a MARAC session in early May,
- Getting to ARSC in mid-May,
- Providing assistance to other archivists trying to start audio programs.
I think that will be enough for now...